Who I Am...
High Beam Information Technology Leader with an indelible reputation for delivering in the most difficult situations. Recognized for transforming low performing teams to values-based goals-driven professionals with a solid eye on hitting business objectives.
Experience building start-ups to working with established companies, mobilizing top talent, creating a business conscious risk-aware information security culture. Diverse industry experience: banking, healthcare, and telecommunications.
- Strategic Technologist – Results Focused
- Protective Postures, Security Forward Mindset
- Risk Management and Performance Metrics
- Business Process & Technology Systems Development
- Simple, Creative, Effective Solutions
- 28 Years in Information Technology
- 18 Years in Leadership
- United States Army Veteran
- Cross-Organization Influencer & Collaborator
- Self-Starter, Go Getter, Get It Done Attitude
Management & Administrative
- Accomplished information technology and security program implementer with governance and compliance focus, using practical knowledge of HIPAA, High Tech, PCI, SOC 2, SOX, and ISO 27001.
- Develop and execute business continuity through disaster recovery and incident response. Experience with security breaches. Experienced consulting, identifying gaps, implementing corrective and preventative policies based in data.
- Trained in Healthcare Six Sigma Lean techniques, as well as total quality management, analysis, measurements, and bench marking. Deep focus on patient and employee safety, identifying risk, defense in depth.
- Microsoft Server, Mobile, Hyper-V, SharePoint, Cloud
- VMWare, vRealize Operations, Turbonomic
- Cisco, Avaya Telephony and Networking
- Palo Alto Networks, Crowdstrike, AlertLogic
- NetApp, EMC, HP/Nimble, Tintri Storage
- ServiceNow, ServiceDesk
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISACA Certified Data Privacy Solutions (CDPSE)
- CompTIA Network+ and Security+
- Lean Six Sigma Healthcare
- ITIL V3 Foundations
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
- Qualys Guard Certified Specialist
LANVERA | Coppell, Texas from May 2017 to Present
Technology leader in customer communications, outsourcing services delivery of business documents. $22M in revenue, 100 employees.
Director, IT Infrastructure and Information Security Officer
Responsible for determining current and future enterprise infrastructure needs by working with senior leaders, determining business objectives and technology requirements, and overseeing information systems and security. Reporting to CIO.
- Rebuilt the Information Technology Operation: Rip and replace infrastructure, rebuild the Microsoft stack, support application development and print operations.
- Oversaw $1M in technology projects. Established operational KPIs. Within the first six months, significant technology cleanup and implemented processes to stabilize the infrastructure.
- Completed 100% of CIO’s strategic plan in the first 12 months.
- Build an Information Security program: Hired security personnel, implemented security policies and technology with heavy focus on risk identification and ISO 27001. Developed threat vulnerability assessments and analysis with application development.
- Influence culture to support DevOps: Implemented SonarQube, least privilege, deprecating legacy environments, promoting zero-trust, leveraging automation using Azure DevOps.
Santander Consumer USA | Dallas, Texas from July 2013 to March 2017
Public, full-service, consumer finance company focused on vehicle finance and third-party servicing, $6.7B in revenue, 6000 employees.
Manager, System Engineering Operations
- Tasked with Developing Systems Engineering Operations Team: Led team at Viawest Datacenters located in Denver, Colorado and Richardson, Texas. Manage $1M resource budget, 1400 total servers under support.
- Support Systems Engineering Projects Team: Support teams with overdue or failing IT projects.
- Projects: Outsource L1/L2 server support functions to CompuCom, System Center deployment for patch management, enterprise password archive deployment using Password State, and Entrust two-form factor authentication for remote access to the enterprise network. $1M project budgets. All on time, under or at budget. Reduced support incidents related to patching, printing, and passwords, by 75%
- ServiceNow internal champion on a multitude of successful initiatives. Significant end user satisfaction growth, rebuilding trust between information technology and the business.
Texas Health Partners | Dallas, Texas from October 2005 to July 2013
For profit healthcare development and management company, $40M in revenue, 60 employees.
Manager, Enterprise Solutions Group
- Build Information Technology Managed Services: Led team to oversee corporate office, two full medical surgery hospitals, three large surgery centers, and two ambulatory surgical centers. Joint technology budget oversight of $20M. Numerous Six Sigma projects, resulting in $150k+ efficiency and savings.
- Performed Information Security Incident Response: Two breaches detected and handled with leadership team. Worked with Office of Civil Rights (OCR), performed audits, worked with leadership to close findings and gaps.
- Drove Technology Strategy Initiatives: Integral leader on multiple capital revenue projects.
- Design, engineer, and implement information technology for Texas Health Rockwall Emergency Services Clinic. $1M technology budget. Project completed on-time and under budget.
- Design, engineer, and implement information technology for new construction project Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound. $5M technology budget. Project was completed 60d late due to weather, but under budget. Achieved LEEDS certification, multiple HL7 integration projects with Siemens, GE, and Fuji.
- Acquisition of Texas Health Ambulatory Surgical Center at Denton, Texas to Texas Health Resources. $500k technology budget, including a refresh for 10+ year old equipment. On time and under budget.
- Acquisition of Greater Baton Rouge Surgical Hospital, Baton Rouge, Louisiana from national managed healthcare service provider, United Surgical Partners International (USPI). $10k budget.
- Design, engineer, and implement information technology for the new construction project Presbyterian Hospital of Rockwall. $3M technology infrastructure budget. Lead all health information system technology integration for all hospital’s clinical systems.
- Build information technology team for Harris Methodist Southlake Surgical Center and Presbyterian Plano Surgical Center. Hired staff, bring technology under managed services. No budget. Operational in 90d.
United States Army
From May 1991 to October 1993, Active Military, Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colorado
Personnel Management Specialist, Medical Support, Adjutant General Corps
- Awarded with United States Army National Defense Award, Good Conduct Medal, and Certificate of Achievement
- Held SECRET clearance.
- Participated in Army Medical Mobilization Program for Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
From October 1993 to May 1999, Reserves Military, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
Personnel Management Specialist, Medical Support, Adjutant General Corps
- Current Status: Veteran
University of The People - August 2014 to June 2016 - Bachelor of Business Administration Studies
Capella University - April 2004 to September 2007 - Bachelor of Science, Information Technology Studies
San Antonio College - February 1994 to April 1996 – Police Sciences