“Everyone runs to technology for the answer” – Kristin Cox, Executive Director of the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget
I don’t think she meant that in a good way… Maybe if we used our brain versus technology to solve our problems. Wow! That’s crazy talk!
Nevertheless, I stumbled across her articles and posts in my Linkedin thread. An “Expert at Constraints”, here is the highlights on her video, which I would recommend you go watch: Kristin Cox’s “How to Ask for Money”.
1. What do you do? What services do I produce?
2. How well do you do that? (Quality – Couple of things: Faster, Outcomes better, etc.)
3. What is your operating expense? (What does it cost to make it)
4. What is my ambitious target? (What % quality for I want? Better Outcomes)
– Get clear on what we are really focused on.
Government is lucky to have her.