- Strategic Technology Focus & Results
- Team Building & Management
- Accomplished Project Manager and Implementer
- Systems Integration & Administration
- Building Best Practices And Good Sense Environments
- 26 Years in Information Technology
- 16 Years in Leadership
- Training, Development, & Mentoring
- Relationship Builder & Collaborator
- Six Sigma Lean Trained & Practitioner
- Simple & Creative Solutions
- A Love for Building Awesome Engineering
- Microsoft Server, Mobile, Exchange, SQL, System Center, Hyper-V, SharePoint, Azure / Office365
- VMWARE ESX 5.5 - 6.5, VCM, vROPS
- Cisco Nexus 2k/3k/5k, Catalyst 6500/3750/3850, ASA 5500, Ironport, Wireless
- Cisco, Avaya, ShoreTel Telephony
- Palo Alto Networks, AlienVault, Qualys, AlertLogic, RealSecure
- NetApp, EMC, HP Nimble, Tintri Storage
- ServiceNow, ServiceDesk
Coppell, Texas from May 2017 to Present
Director, IT Infrastructure
Responsible for determining current and future enterprise infrastructure needs. Oversees the design and implementation of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. Implements the enterprise architecture and the development and maintenance of the organization's computing/IT environment.
Santander Consumer USA
Dallas, Texas from July 2013 to March 2017
Manager, System Engineering Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a ten-man system engineering team, operating at Viawest Datacenters located in Denver, Colorado and Richardson, Texas. Team charter is to maintain enterprise server health and management, supporting hosted services using Microsoft Windows server, VMWARE ESX 5.x virtualization sitting on Cisco UCS. Manage one-million-dollar resource budget, with hosting oversight budget of 5.5 million, encompassing 1200 total servers under support.
- Implemented Netwrix Auditor to satisfy SOX audit requirements. 60k solution, deployed in 6 weeks, achieved all governance and audit requirements before penalty. Estimated cost savings of 98k per year.
- ServiceNow ITSM influencer and champion. Worked with ServiceNow team on business service mappings and process improvements. Goal to have datacenter technology assets managed in ServiceNow and integrated with CompuCom.
- Microsoft System Center project, working with CompuCom to deploy for application and patch management. 200k solution, three resources, deployed in six months, and met all technically unique banking requirements.
- Enterprise password archive deployment using PasswordState. Initial solution was a MS Access database with web frontend. Replaced with enterprise-ready, auditor/compliance approved solution. 10k solution, deployed in 2 weeks, and exceed all expectations by customer. Now considered a strategic business critical application.
- Saved VMWARE Configuration Manager project. One year late and over budget, assumed control and met all information security objectives within 60 days. Implemented a successful and internally accepted patch management program.
- Move print queues to direct-IP printing via PrintLogic printer management solution, 40k solution, deployed in 3 weeks, a positive change to field support’s printer support capabilities. 20 printer support incidents to zero incidents in 30 days.
- Outsourced all L1/L2 server support functions from Terremark to CompuCom. 90-day project. Significant challenges encountered. Achieved all goals on time, which led to a department cost savings of 850k per month.
- Entrust two-form factor authentication solution to replace aging RSA SecureID solution. Last minute troubled project, 30k solution, deployed in 3 months, and delivered 30 days over target. Estimated cost savings $100k per year.
- Within first six months, turned around a low performing troubled team to a positive, knowledge focused, high performing team by applying structure, communication, and process. By working closely with other directors across the service support organization, aligned the team to support objectives and now is considered meeting expectations 2.5 years.
Texas Health Partners, LLP (Rebranding of Paragon Health & Texas Health Partners Resources, LLP)
Dallas, Texas from October 2005 to July 2013
Manager, Enterprise Solutions Group
Established the organization’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological systems and network support, development, and growth. This encompassed two full medical surgery hospitals, three large surgery centers, and two ambulatory surgical centers. Joint yearly technology budget oversight of 20 million.
Worked in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as clinical, operations, and compliance/security as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness. Numerous Six Sigma projects, resulting in 150k+ efficiency and savings to the hospitals.
Participated in developing IT strategic initiatives, developed facility priorities, and assisted in facility budget steering for IT capital projects with the Vice President of Information Technology and the Director of Technology Operations.
- Design, engineer, and implement the Texas Health Rockwall Emergency Services Clinic’s physical network and application services branch, connected back to the main campus of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital at Rockwall. This involved: Datacenter design using APC Infrastructure, Dell/Microsoft Windows servers, Cisco networking infrastructure, and Cisco telephony. 500k technology infrastructure budget. Project completed on-time and under budget.
- Design, engineer, and implement core physical and application network services for the new construction of Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound. This 500-user facility’s design and engineering included: Datacenter design using APC Infrastructure, Dell/Microsoft Windows servers, NetApp SAN storage, Cisco networking infrastructure, and Cisco VoIP Call Manager telephony. Lead the health information system technology integration for all hospital’s clinical systems, which included major deployments of GE, Siemens, and Fuji technologies. 2-million-dollar infrastructure budget. Project was completed 60 days late due to weather, but under budget and achieved LEEDS certification at opening.
- Migrate Texas Health Ambulatory Surgical Center at Denton, Texas physical network and application services from the non-profit parent company Texas Health Resources. This involved: 30-person, 48-node network environment, two application server, and network connectivity. 500k technology budget, including a refresh for 10+ year old equipment. On time and under budget.
- Migrate Greater Baton Rouge Surgical Hospital, Baton Rouge, Louisiana from national managed healthcare service provider, United Surgical Partners International (USPI). This involved: 60-person, 120-node network environment, two application server, and network connectivity to the corporate network and mobile imaging services support. Performed a major technology clean-up during the migration and initiated the process of documenting the various technologies. No budget, yet still met all objectives on time.
- Design, engineer, and implement core physical and application network services for the new construction of Presbyterian Hospital of Rockwall. This 300-user facility’s design and engineering included: Datacenter design, engineering, and implementation using APC Infrastructure, Dell/Microsoft Windows solutions, Cisco networking, NEC PBX telephony, totaling 3 million in technology infrastructure. Lead the health information system technology integration for all hospital’s clinical systems.
- Active Directory migration of the 144-user Plano Presbyterian Center for Diagnostics & Surgery. The migration required: Building a new datacenter on premises, building a new managed Dell infrastructure and Microsoft networking environment, that included the provision and deployment of all servers. New networking plan was devised, consisting of implementing redundant core services, use of RADIUS for non-windows applications, and introduction of SSL-VPN for remote access. The gradual migration of all critical hospital applications, to include Fuji Synapse PACS and Agfa Talk (Dictation). Minimal impact to hospital operations and employee satisfaction was very high.
- Active Directory migration at the 60-user Texas Health Partner corporate office.
- Consolidated web sites across multiple servers onto one by introducing DotNetNuke Framework for web site content creation and internal communication facilitation. Web site development and maintenance costs were reduced by 90%.
- Solely led and performed Symantec Antivirus to ESET NOD32 managed antivirus migration across all hospital systems, over 250 machines, in 5-day period. 200+ virus detections per week to zero after four weeks.
United States Army
From May 1991 to October 1993, Active Military, Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colorado
Personnel Management Specialist, Medical Support, Adjutant General Corps
- Awarded with United States Army National Defense Award, Good Conduct Medal, and Certificate of Achievement
- Held SECRET clearance.
- Participated in Army Medical Mobilization Program for Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
From October 1993 to May 1999, Reserves Military, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
Personnel Management Specialist, Medical Support, Adjutant General Corps
- Current Status: Veteran
Texas Health Resources’ Center For Learning, Dallas, Texas
- June 2012, Lean Six Sigma Certification
HP Education Services, Arlington, Texas
- March 2012, ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
- April 2004 to September 2007, Information Technology program with a specialization in project management coursework.
Lorain Community College, Elyria, Ohio
- October 2004, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP2003) – Managing and Maintaining a Windows 2003 Environment
- February 2004, Comptia Network+ Certification
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, Inc.
- November 2001, Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) – Metaframe 1.8
- February 2001, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP2000) – Windows 2000 Server.
- December 2000, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP2000) – Windows 2000 Professional.
- May 1999, Microsoft Networking Essentials
San Antonio College, San Antonio, Texas
- February 1994 to April 1996 Police Sciences Coursework
United States Department of Information and Financial Operations Services (DINFOS), Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 1991 to April 1992, Personnel Management School, Advanced Combat Tactical Training, Electronic Communication Warfare Training.
- Graduated with Honors (Top 5%)